Monday, November 26, 2007

Finally!


finally! After waiting for months for Apple and Rogers to do the right thing and bring the worlds most popular new phone/computing platform to Canada, I have had to take matters into my own hands! I have been driven into the shady grey market for a phone off of trusty ol'e Craiglist! I'm not thrilled at being forced into this but their corporate silence gave me no choice. I would have preferred to do this right, I would have paid the premium price Roger's charges its customers for data plans(they say can be as high as 20 times the rate in the USA). I would have paid the original price Apple was asking for at introduction.... And I wouldn't have blinked and eye! I'm an Apple fan boi and I just wanted to get the phone!

Needless to say I have one now and it has been totally worth the wait. The experience is nothing short of stunning... My Fido SIM (pay as you go by the way) slipped easily into place on the phone and everything works flawlessly. While it gives me no access to the EDGE network, the WiFi works just fine and is free to use if you are near a public access point. I don't get the visual voice mail and thats ok for now... hopefully one day that will get fixed up...

The phone is one of the best examples of convergence I have ever come across. the phone works seamless with itunes, bowing out at the moment of an incoming call and returning once the call is over and controlled by a single button on the head phones.
Well for now the only down sides are that I can never update the phone and I have virtually no warranty, but I'm good with that for now... I'm even happier that I am able to move past Steve's and Ted's lack of vision for iphones in Canada!


Note: All images and text (not specified) is copyrighted by Christopher Cushman. This site does not specify or denote the sexual orientation of any model and as such please post your comments accordingly.

No comments: