Friday, February 22, 2008

Adding A New Gun To My Arsenal



I have been on a little camera binge over the past couple days and the outcome is the new gun in my Canon arsenal The new PowerShot G9! Shown here next to my Canon 300D, this rather large point and shoot is at the top of that line from Canon. While I recently purchased a Fuji FinePix 480 as my go anywhere party fun time camera (a steal at $190.00), I needed something a little more serious yet still small and easy to carry . The G9 is tremendous amount of camera packed in a body that is about 3 times bigger than a regular consumer point and shoot. The body harkens back to the Lieca range finder cameras of the 60's and 70's with is boxie exterior and upper control dials. Several things separate the G9 from other cameras in this category, the first and most important to me is that it will capture Camera RAW images. In addition to that there are manual dial controls all over this camera including an ISO dial that goes from 80 to 1600 and an option marked HI that supposedly represents 3200 ISO.

There is both an optical range finder at the top and a full 3 inch LCD screen in the back (largest one I have ever seen) This camera packs a full 12.1 Mega Pixel sensor and can create virtually noise free and very vivid images up through 400 ISO. The camera has a full metal frame and is covered in a textured durable plastic covering and feels/weighs like a tank. Over the next few weeks I will be featuring some images from my new camera.... so stay tuned!

Note: All images and text (not specified) is copyrighted by Christopher Cushman. This site does not specify or denote the sexual orientation of any model and as such please post your comments accordingly.

No comments: