Thursday, August 02, 2007

Channelling the "Secret"

A few months ago I was given a copy of "The Secret" by a friend. I watched it and learned that there was something called the law of attraction, and that by putting out what you wanted to achieve into universe and acting in a positive way towards those goals you would be able to achieve what ever you set out to do. One of the suggested methods was creating a dream board with various goals that would serve as constant reminders to you. As I turn 47 this week I have set a goal for myself and given myself five years to achieve it! My goal is to become a contributing photographer for Vanity Fair Magazine... I have always appreciated the importance and prominance V.F. has given to photography, having been the premier magazine for photographers like Annie Liebovitz, Albert Watson, Herb Ritz etc... Instead of keeping this goal on a board I have created a replica of the back page of every V.F. Magazine, "The Proust Questionnaire"

When the editors of Vanity Fair gathered to discuss a regular interview format for coming issues, one staff member suggested creating a "Vanity Fair Questionnaire." The magazine's London editor, Henry Porter, and Editor-in-Chief Graydon Carter, brought up the idea of the Proust Questionnaire, which met with the hearty approval of the numerous Proust afficianados on the staff. Senior Editor Aimee Bell , a fan herself, took on the task of researching and producing this feature, with the assistance of the University of Kansas professor Theodore Johnson, a noted authority on Proust. Since July of 1993, a major celebrity has responded to a version of the questionnaire, found in the back pages of each issue.

So Here it is.. the back page of the July 2012 issue of Vanity Fair... A bit of speculation to be sure but its a true reflection of my goal... Have a read, maybe a laugh, but I'll see you there in 2012!


Click on image to make larger for reading.

Note: All images and text (not specified) is copyrighted by Christopher Cushman. This site does not specify or denote the sexual orientation of any model and as such please post your comments accordingly.

1 comment:

Morisset said...

Fabulous! I love VF also! That's also a STUNNING picture of you. I can see your eyes now and the ocean that lies within them. :-)

You look very serene. Seems like the very notion of this being your actual page in the back of VF brings you much calm and serenity.

As they say in the Air Force, AIM HIGH! I have no doubt you will get all you desire.