Sunday, November 09, 2008

Detroit 67

Never been a fan of Sam Robertson. Its not that he isn't talented, it's because his genre of rock isn't what I am listening to much these days. But recently a friend from Detroit turned me on to a politically and racially charged song that speaks to the lingering effects of the race riots of 1967. A subject covered here previously. I was shocked at how close to the mark Sam hit at the feelings and emotions attached to that era especially given that he was born in Quebec in 1974. I wondered where his motivation and clear understanding of that time and place originated from? And I still do. I was seven when the riots broke out in Detroit and I have clear memories of that time and grew up with the after effects on that most difficult time in our history. So Sam you hit the mark and I'm a fan.


Note: All images and text (not specified) is copyrighted by Christopher Cushman. This site does not specify or denote the sexual orientation of any model and as such please post your comments accordingly.

No comments: