Sunday, October 01, 2006

Dance On......

I find it interesting and just a little bit ominous when parts of my life start to come together in such a way that it seems to be leading me on to something bigger. My perchance meeting of Kevin Ormsby a number of weeks ago and our subsequent photo shoot reminded me of my love for dance and capturing that grace through the camera. My previous images of try Powell of Alvin Ailey and Robert Johnson have been some of my most treasured images. Moving up a couple of weeks and I run into yet another friend in the subway on my way home from my day job! Fabien was someone with whom I worked with back in 1998 when I first moved to Toronto. I knew he danced and I had wanted to take pictures of him for along time, by he changed jobs and I lost track, when we did run into one another we would talk about it but nothing would materialize, my career his young family... But this time it was different as I was now in the process of developing a Dance book with Kevin as my next project and I knew I had the perfect vehicle to approach these image with. This weekend I took a first stab at Fabien's pictures with some great results... Here are just a few... please enjoy...

In connection to this new project I have started another blog devoted to it and in the coming weeks I will endeavor to begin to fill it with pictures from the project. You can find it here: http://dancethroughlife2007.blogspot.com/











Note: All images and text (not specified) is copyrighted by Christopher Cushman. This site does not specify or denote the sexual orientation of any model and as such please post your comments accordingly.

1 comment:

Naijadude said...

Nice pictures there, Cushman, even though homeboy is realy cute you still did some justice to that!!