Sunday, June 17, 2012

Learning My Father





















In life what is said is not everything said.  In a month or so ill be 52 thanks to the power of medicine and the surgeons of St. Michaels who worked hard to make it possible.  A lot has happened to me over the past four months, much of it happening in that space between my ears.  Not sure I would call it learning as much as I would say finally finding an understanding of some key realities within my life.  Relationships with fathers are often portrayed as difficult.  I understand why.  I also understand that I have spent much of my life lost in the translation... Unable to read the subtext of my relationship with my own father. The older I get the more he is revealed to me and with this latest crisis I have figured out that my father loves me.  I guess I have known it all along but I fought the concept because I wanted it to be in a way that I wanted it...  Reality is you get love in many ways and in all ways it is good and has value and should never be taken for granted.  This is what I have learned. This is what makes this fathers day special to me.


















Note: All images and text (not specified) is copyrighted by Christopher Cushman. This site does not specify or denote the sexual orientation of any model and as such please post your comments accordingly.

No comments: