Saturday, December 24, 2005

Remembering my first Christmas


I have two posts tonight, the first of which I am showing pictures from my first/second Christmas. Let me just say that Christmas has always been a big thing with my family. With my mothers side of the family being of German decent its not hard to figure out that Christmas was not only a holiday but a bit of an event! My parents have carried this on, with all of the logistical points having to be covered. The tree (real of coarse) with a mix of ornaments old and new, some of which were brought over from europe and have hung on every tree in my family for 75+ years.... Finding new ornaments was a pass time for my parents for years. The images from tonight are of me and my Grandparents... many of my fond memories involve them at Christmas time. I still remember the excitement of going over for the elaborate meals, cookies and the chocolate santas(;-) don't go there!) Today when I think of them, its Christmas, their Christmas I miss most!

1 comment:

Morisset said...

what a wonderful post and wonderful rememberances of Christmases past.