Sunday, January 29, 2006

A Word About Digital Art



Sometime images don't always come out the way you anticipated. Either the light was not right, the background was not just the way you thought it would be... What ever the reason, it stand to reason that some pictures get passed over for some small reason... Such were some of the pictures I took of Mycal noir off the south east side of Belle Isle, a fairly large island in the middle of the Detroit river. In the case of these images it was the sun.. we had gotten to the site too late in the morning and the sun was nearly overhead. The images while perfect in pose and composition just dint have the best light. As well the view across the river was of Windsor Canada, a perfectly nice little boarder town but geographically flat and some what dull.

The images I took sat for a period until I was looking at a book on digitally composed images and I began to be intrigued with dusting off some of my older stuff. In the images tonight I took the images taken that day and I composed them with a sunset island background from Tahiti I had in a travel book... Gone was Windsor. With some adjustment to the color and hue I then ran both images through the water color filter in photoshop. The results are images of Mycal a world away from Detroit!
Im working on some new images which I will post as soon as I complete them. Until then Enjoy!

1 comment:

doçe said...

que hermoso.