Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Detroit Re-Born!

On a recent trip home to visit my family I had some time to kill downtown Detroit and I was struck at the major overhaul completed and in some spots still going on! People were in the streets, going to and fro, watching a concert in the center core stage, eating outside al-fresco! I found myself snapping pictures of a city I had not seen in 30 years, a city re-born, clean and full of life! I was at once a tourist and a proud to say Detroit is my home town! Suddenly the defiant fist of Joe Louis which once seem to symbolize the violence of a down trodden city now signals the strength of a city which is going through its worst economic times and doing it style and grace. Here are just a couple shots!










All images and written word are copyrighted by Christopher Cushman 2006

1 comment:

Sylvia Hubbard said...

detroit's on its way!