Wednesday, July 19, 2006

My Father is an Artist.....

Part of my trip home was to visit my ailing mother, and to spend time with my father with whom I was afforded lots of quality time. I arrived at my parents home shortly after a summer rain fall and was amazed at the flowers blooming behind the house. It suddenly hit me that my father is an artist. Not the typical artist but one who has spent years creating and modifying and enhancing a seasonal pallet in the back yard. His art lasts for months weeks and sometimes only days at a time. Flower beds planted in such a way as to provide constant bloom through out the summer. My father is a man of few and usually carefully chosen words, who prefers to speak through the simplicity and beauty of the flower. This weekend I was listening.
















All images and written word are copyrighted by Christopher Cushman 2006

No comments: