Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Thursdays



One of my guilty pleasures is watching "The West Wing" every night at 7:00 pm. CLT, the Canadian Learning Channel plays all seven seasons in sequential order in a continuous cycle thats gone on for a couple years. Needless to say, I love the show and am constantly intrigued by the characters. Lately I have been dissecting why I am so compelled to watch the show so many times.

Last week Thursday was the first anniversary of mothers passing. Every Thursday night when the show was in prime time I would call her and we would watch the show together. See she loved the show too. We loved it for many of the same reasons. Beyond the entertainment and patriotism it postulated that all things considered people are good and well intended and as such there was hope in the world.

We both had our favorite characters, she loved Toby and CJ while I liked Josh and Charlie (though I wonder if she knew just how much I liked Charlie ;-)
We both liked President Bartlett, I think like many we wished he was our reality instead of the clown thats in office now.

Strange looking back that we took time every week to meet and watch this particular show, but it seemed to connect us. I miss watching the West Wing with my mother. I miss the 3 minute conversations at the commercials.

I miss her.......

But I'll keep watching and remembering.


Todays image is of my mother and her friend Edith Howell(with camera) in front of the White House in 1957. A snapshot of simpler times she was on her senior class trip ans she often told me how much she loved the history and the grandeur of going to Washington DC. When I became an adult it was one of the first places I went to visit and have been several times.


Note: All images and text (not specified) is copyrighted by Christopher Cushman. This site does not specify or denote the sexual orientation of any model and as such please post your comments accordingly.

No comments: