Sunday, February 26, 2006

Holding back the years



Holding back the years,
Thinking of the fear I’ve had for so long.
When somebody hears,
Listen to the fear that’s gone.
Strangled by the wishes of pater,
Hoping for the arm of mater,
Get to me sooner or later,
I'll keep holding on.
Lyrics by Simply Red

How long is life? For me 1,450,656,000 seconds have passed by.... another year or so Ill be up to 1.5 billion! There is a perceptible increase in the speed of life as you grow older... It seems exponential and there is nothing I can do about it to slow it down. I can only move my ass faster, keep up with it... complete the things I have always dreamed of. Unlike the song I have not wasted any of the years, they have been full of many lessons and memories, I have not wasted any tears, they have all been necessary. So I keep movin on!

No comments: